Our Certified Gluten Free Oats
Many companies out there say that their Oats are Gluten Free. Well, all Oats themselves are gluten free naturally. The issues come in that Oat are rotated into fields that have previously grown wheat, rye, barley etc… The voluntary starts become an issue for cross contamination.
There are only 2 farms in the US that are Certified Fields and Certified Gluten Free Oats. We get ours direct from the best of the 2. This is how this process works:
1. The fields that are under contract have not had a glutinous grain grown there for a min. of the past 4 years.
2. Once planted the Oat umbrella is shorter than the other Glutinous grains so the farm worker and staff walk that fields pulling the voluntary starts out 10 times through the growing season. The last time is right before the thrashing. (Harvest)
3. The oats are tested 6 times by the Elisa Testing to under 3ppm
4. Once that testing is approved the product is brought into the facility and then test in-house 6 times again and 6 times as well by a certified outside facility.
5. The reason that this is such a strict process is because the owner/Founder of the Farms all have Celiac’s disease in their family for generations. 6. The milling and packing is then done is a totally dedicated facility that only processes there oats and none others.
You can feel safe with the Oats, Oat Flour and Oat Groats you get from New Grains Gluten Free Bakery. They are certified gluten free We take care and look into the details, so you can feel confident!
You can order your gluten free certified oats at www.newgrains.com. Enjoy!